Conditions of Entry
- Nominations can be lodged either electronically via waday.com or in writing on a nomination form provided upon request to Celebrate WA.
- Entries must provide all required information as outlined in the Nomination/Self-Nomination Form. Failure to provide required information and/or submissions of an incomplete form may result in the nomination being deemed ineligible and will not be accepted in the judging process.
- A nominator must have the nominee’s consent to be entered into the Awards prior to submitting the nomination.
- Celebrate WA reserves the right to publish a nominee’s photo and biographical information as part of the promotion of the Awards and the nominee consents to the use of any information in the Nomination/Self-Nomination Form by Celebrate WA.
- Celebrate WA reserves the right to review all nominations and consider alternative Award categories if deemed appropriated by the Awards Selection Panel. In the event that the nominee is short-listed as a finalist in a category not selected on their nomination form, the nominee will be contacted to confirm their willingness to proceed with their nomination in a different category.
- In the event that a nominee is chosen as a finalist, the nominee agrees to participate in video and photo shoots, promotional and profiling activities and interviews, as co-ordinated by Celebrate WA in the lead up to and after the Western Australian of the Year Awards Gala Dinner.
- Celebrate WA reserves the right to vet, review and substantiate information contained within a Nomination/Self-Nomination Form. This may be through contacting the nominee’s referees or independent sources, as decided by Celebrate WA.
- Celebrate WA accepts no responsibility for lost, misplaced or late nominations and supporting documentation.
- Entries must be received no later than midnight Australian Western Standard Time on the nominated closing date.
- All documentation provided will be retained by Celebrate WA and may be used in its absolute discretion.
- Nominee is an Australian citizen.
- Nominee was born in Western Australia or was born elsewhere in Australia or overseas and has relocated to Western Australia.
- Nominee is over 18 years of age, as at 4 June 2021.
- Nominee is not a current sitting Member of Parliament (State or Federal) or a Vice-Regal Officer.
- Nominee is not a current Celebrate WA Board member, staff member or an immediate family member of either.
- Nominee has not previously won the same Award(s) for which they are being nominated.
- Nominee cannot be an organisation, group of people or a couple.
- Nominee is not deceased (Awards will not be granted posthumously).